The area

Mount Tymfi

In 1965, two pioneer climbers, P. and N. Idosidis Kotzias climbed the Tower "Koupo "after 17 hours of route and the western tower "Pthno ", after 12 hours of route.

Mount Tymfi

The most prominent part of Papigo is the “Towers”. These spectacular rock formations are located south from the peak of Astraka and connect the peak with the Vikos canyon. The tallest of the Towers is up to 1788 m. At their end, the towers form a relatively mild plateau, the Gkovostitsa, where in the past years hundreds of sheep were grazing.